Sunday, December 22, 2013

I'm so sorry that you misunderstood my comment made on The Tom Joyner show about Scumbags. I sincerely would like our community to have a serious conversation about why we have such low marriage rates and why 70% of our children are being raised in a single-mother headed household. I am hoping that my book will spark a conversation that is greatly needed. The conversation has to go beyond just blaming black women for these low marriage rates. Many of the problems that we experience in our neighborhoods: drug abuse, gang violence, extreme poverty, low school enrollement, alcoholism, domestic violence, infant mortality, etc. are the result of having so many broken homes. It is my hope that we begin to rid ourselves of these problems and begin to create a nurturing enviroment for our children so that they have self-respect, self-love and dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment